"I want to make a texture, but I don't have any ideas/inspiration." Tips for artists

Reddington

How many times has this happened to you?  Happens to everyone, especially those who do any form of art.  You'll have the urge to make a livery, but no clue what you want it based on. Sometimes you already know what you want to do, but for those cases where you don't know what you want to do, I'll offer some advice.

[b]Use your imagination![/b] and do [b]trial and error[/b].  It's a simple, yet effective method.  When you have your image editing program open, turn on music, turn on a podcast, or sit in silence - do whatever relaxes you and puts you into that "artistic" mode.  From there, go crazy.  In fact, don't even really think about it.  If you've decided to try something different, weird or flat out stupid, [b]commit to it![/b]  The end result may be the best thing you've ever done.

It does help to know what it is you want to make, but sometimes, the best result comes from going in with no clue and doing trial and error.  Which brings me to my next point:  If you start from scratch with no plans, you will find yourself deleting something you don't like and doing it again.  That might be tedious, but it's all part of the process.  Our brains are more powerful than we give them credit for.  If you use your imagination and go wild, you'll be creating unique skins that everyone wants.

Reddington [Red]
Head Moderator
, Lead Support Agent & Head of Public Relations | FLMODS

Proudly serving and bothering Hero since 2020