FLLE | FlashingLights Light Editor

Hille

Project Link: https://gitlab.com/onsive.net/flle

About The Project

The ingame lights editor of FlashingLights is somewhat unusable at the moment. That's why I started this project.
It allows easier editing of the light sequences of emergency vehicles.
Installation

1. Download the latest release zip file (Releases)
2. Unzip the zip file
3. Run the `FlashingLights.LightEditor.exe`
Usage

1. Go ingame in the vehicle editor
2. Select your vehicle
3. Click on `EDIT LIGHTS`
4. Select the light you want to change
5. Click on the small pen on the top right of that light
6. Click `Export Lightning Pattern` on the top right
7. Save it somewhere
8. Drag & Drop the exported lightning pattern in FLLE
9. Make your changes
10. Click on `save` in FLLE
11. Click on `Import Lightning Pattern` in FL
12. Select the in 10. chosen file
13. Click on `SAVE & EXIT` on the top
14. Repeat until you're satisfied
Edited by Hille
  • upvote 1

7 hours ago, unknown_bre12 said:

Really interesting im hoping to see a way to preview the light pattern soon. keep up the good work.

Not sure how that would be intirely possible without creating a Unity project that uses the game's files, which aren't too hard to get anyways but you get my point. But overall, a great program and I'll be happy to contribute.

8 hours ago, unknown_bre12 said:

Really interesting im hoping to see a way to preview the light pattern soon. keep up the good work.

Completly forgott that feature. Directly added it to the roadmap.

49 minutes ago, SillyMonkey982 said:

Not sure how that would be intirely possible without creating a Unity project that uses the game's files, which aren't too hard to get anyways but you get my point. But overall, a great program and I'll be happy to contribute.

The first version will probably be just my app running through the steps automatically. Don't think that a live preview like in FL is worth the effort. 
Just save the export in my app and import it in FL - it's 4 sec worth of effort ;)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hille said:

The first version will probably be just my app running through the steps automatically. Don't think that a live preview like in FL is worth the effort. 
Just save the export in my app and import it in FL - it's 4 sec worth of effort 😉

Agreed, looking forward to the project being updated! Makes me want to learn c#.. I'll probably use this project to learn a bit..

7 hours ago, SillyMonkey982 said:

Agreed, looking forward to the project being updated! Makes me want to learn c#.. I'll probably use this project to learn a bit..

Oh shit, then I should redo my code.. You could probably learn of the launcher, but please don't try to learn of my serialization or editor code xD

Most of the code is just written on one and another without clear concept as I not had a clear understanding of the lighting file format ^^